Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For Peter.

Poetry happened- I know I haven't written much recently- but I promise to catch up a bit this weekend.. I've just had a lot goin on. Please enjoy the "whomp whomp" poem I wrote today.

I am going to miss your face
For you I've created a space
A space that you are leaving
And I am left here grieving

Being with you is all I want
Out in the world, with our love to flaunt.
Making you smile, that sweet smile.
Getting lost in your eyes for a while.

Each day, the truth feels less like a dream.
Each day, each tear turns into a scream.
Knowing I'll have to go so long
Hoping that I can stay this strong.

Maybe if I close my eyes real tight.
Maybe I may, Maybe I might.
Be able to make you feel my heart beat.
Make you feel my touch, my heat.

Will this dark cloud ever let through light.
Since a sad fog has replaced my sight
When you get home, where will we be
Will it be the same, will you still love me

So many questions to ask, so little time
A whole year, such a big mountain to climb.
But I have some faith in my heart
Together at the end, alone to start.



2 comments: