Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Poetry Happened While Making Peanut Butter Toast...

(This is dedicated to Rebecca and Jarid..)

sometimes I think of your face in the night
the way it's tickled with soft moonlight

I wish you'd never leave my sight
cause when you're here, it feels so right
your strong arms wrapped around my waist
as we enbrace
in this place

taste your taste
...Can you believe we found eachother?


in a world so ruthless and unkind
it's so amazing that I could find
someone like you, who blows me mind
don't let it end, just press rewind
just tell me the right thing to say
on this day
so you'll lay
and just play
...You are my happiness defined.

it's cold outside, so baby stay here
I'll kiss your lips and hold you near
there is no person I hold more dear
losing you is my greatest fear
I'd devote my life to loving you
see this through
just us two
me and you
...My heart is yours forever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily this is LOVELY! This is so sweet and perfect. It flows so well I could read it 100 times over. And holla at the peanut butter toast.

    ReplyDelete