Monday, January 10, 2011

The Gym Be-Friended Me :)

So I don't know what I did right today.. but I ended up having a fantastic gym day?
I never thought I would have those words leave my lips..or fingers in this case..lol But I did?!
I think I had the perfect combo of food intake today and music and motivation?  But it was a good !
I'm not going to lie to you people.. but last week working out.. was rough times.. After about.. 5 minutes on the elyptical (or however you spell it) - I would start to feel very out of breathe and wanting to get off to breathe and get water... But today?!?! I got on that machine and did 20 minutes straight at a good steady pace.. NO BREAK?! and thennnnnnn.. if that wasn't enough.. I felt like I had more in me.. so I got on the treadmill and jogged for 5 minutes straight... That is a big feet for me people :$ I know it doesn't seem like much.. but I felt like crying when I left the gym.. I'm really proud of myself :$..I was even asked to go to lunch today but turned it down to get my gym on.. Now that's impressive?! Right?!

I forgot to mention- when I watched that show the other day.. there was one part that really stuck with me.. The girl was working out with her trained and complaining.. and crying.. and acting pretty ridiculous.. And she said "I just want to take a break ok?!" and the trained said "You've had 19 years of break, now's the time to push it." And that really stuck with me.. I have had 23 years of break..lol now is the time to push it!? I really want to push my body to it's limits and see what it can do ya know? It is kind of a dream of mine to be able to walk up and just.. go for a run.. I really have never felt that liberated.. because all I could think of was how un-pleasurable it would be..

I'm starting to get excited... I'm going to start weighing myself and giving an update.. but I think more than just pounds.. I want to feel the difference in how my clothes fit ya know? 20-25 pounds is the goal people.. WOOOWHOO..
C'est Ca xoxoxoxo Love you all.. and by all I mean both..lol  EIDE NEVER TOO MUCH COMMENTING! I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to be able to just get up and run too. Mornings are not my forte lol. I got up to about 20 solid minutes of running last summer but couldn't exceed that. It really is a lifestyle, about constant effort and being labelled a runner. But OMGOSH the shape I'd be in. I never did hit that 'runners high' either. But I do have many years to get there :) Keep up the gym work girlfriend! Rockin it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol well at least Becca has hit 20 minutes which is a lot more then I could say but do you ever feel the difference in just energy level when you start going to the gym eh? I thought the gym was cliche and for people who wanted to be sticks but I finally get it now! Wished you lived closer so we could do the gym together! miss ya tootsie!

    ReplyDelete